To Ensure Optimal Utilisation of Land Resources to for sustainable development of the State.
To entrench a culture of excellence that will ensure prompt and efficient service delivery in Lands Bureau.
To be the platform for efficient and effective Land resources management that promotes equitable access to Land, enabling environment for land delivery, land information and positively contribute to sustainable socio-economic development of Lagos State.
Professionalism, Discipline and Integrity (PDI)
The Administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 1999, it accepted the burden of overhauling the Land Administration System established by successive administrations in the State. The Administration mandated itself, through stated policy statements, to make Land Administration a strategic resource block for the realization of the State’s social and economic prosperity, hence, the creation of the Bureau.
HIGHLIGHTS OF REFORMS BY SUCCESSIVE ADMINISTRATIONS IN LANDS BUREAU TO DATE
- Deployment of professional personnel to achieve optimum performance.
- Minimizing abuses especially those relating to corrupt practices and red tape.
- Reforming mode of payment for service delivery in Lands Bureau through direct payment to designated Banks
- Placement of templates for the conduct of business in the Bureau
- Introduction of the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- The 30 Days Governor’s Consent
- Digital Mapping of Lagos State to complement the effect of EDMS
- Reduction of payments on Consent fees, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty and Registration fees
- Establishment of the Directorate of Land Regularisation to eliminate the hitherto defective Ratification procedure
- Introduction of new Land Administration policies to aid Industrial, Commercial and Housing requirements, particularly as it affects Private Developers’ Schemes
- Introduction of new Urban Renewal Policies that would create New Towns out of old communities
- Introduction of a proactive policy on property perfection and registration to develop a reliable data base
- A review of the change of policy use to prevent abuse of the massive town planning and urban protection Laws that have adversely affected Ikoyi, Victoria Island, etc, thereby turning them into Urban Slum.
- Massive reclamation and expansion program to increase the Land mass available to the State for its use.
- Mortgage Registry
- Acquisition and Excision Registry
- An automated validation of receipts of payments