Head of Directorate
Director ([email protected])
Functions and Activities
The Directorate of Land Services as a key component of Lands Bureau is saddled with the following responsibilities, among others:
- Processes application for Governor’s Consent to subsequent transactions (Assignments, Subleases, Power of Attorney, Gifts and Mortgages) on land in line with the provisions of the Land Use Act, 1978.
- Acquisition/Revocation matters.
- Compensation matters.
- Village/Settlement Excisions.
- Land Policy Formulation.
- Valuation of Land/Buildings and Equipment.
- Land disputes resolution and court appearances.
- Consultancy services to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs). of Government