LAND USE AND ALLOCATION COMMITTEE
The Land Use and Allocation Committee treat and coordinates all matters that border on the following:
- Land allocation at various existing Schemes in the State to the public;
- Processing and issuance of Certificate of Occupancy (C of O)
- Management of all existing Schemes in the State
- Administering Ground Rent and computation of Demand Notice
- Management of Government Leases
- Technical Committee on Excision Matters
- Creation and Management of Residential & Industrial Schemes;
- Dispute Resolution on Land Matters;
- Regularisation of Federal Government Grants
- Renewal of Leases
- Processing Deemed Grant Consent (formerly Private C of O)
- Other duties as may be assigned by His Excellency, the Governor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
- Duly completed Application form
- Payment receipt for the application form
- Payment receipt for allocated land
- Four passport photographs
WORK FLOW FOR CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
- Applicant purchases and submits application pack to LUAC and collects acknowledgement slip.
- Applicant collects Letter of Offer
- Applicant pays for allocated Land within 60 days
- Applicant issued with Letter of Confirmation with Plot and Block Number (Full payments must be made before Plot & Block are allocated)
- His Excellency, the Governor signs C of O and sends file to the Land Registry for further processing
- Land Registry registers C of O and releases the C of O to the allottee
REQUIREMENTS FOR DEEMED GRANT CONSENT (FORMERLY PRIVATE CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY)
- Duly completed Application Form
- Payment receipts.
- Land information certificate with payment receipt.
- 2 (Two) copies of Deemed Grant Deed with cloth survey plan attached.
- Locational sketch of the subject site.
- 4(Four) copies of passport photographs of applicant.
- Picture of the subject site showing date.
- Certificate of Incorporation and form showing particulars of Directors (where applicant is a company).
- Consent fee, Stamp duty and Registration fee.
- Publication fee.
- Evidence of payment of income tax
3 % 0f Fair Market Value (FMV) of subject site/ property, made up of:
Consent fee: – 1.5 %
Stamp duty: – 0.75%
Registration fee: – 0.75%