Head of Directorate
Executive Secretary (email@example.com)
Functions and Activities
The Land Use and Allocation Committee came into existence with the creation of Decree No.6 published in the Federal Republic of Nigeria Official Gazette No. 14. Vol. 65, Government Notice No. 272 of 29th March, 1978.
The Committee, which was established in each State, via the Decree, was charged with the sole responsibility of advising the Governor on Land Administration and Management Matters. It vested the power to Administer, Manage and Control State Land in the Governor of the State.
The Land Use and Allocation Committee treat and coordinates all matters that border on the following:
- Land allocation at various existing Schemes in the State to the public;
- Processing and issuance of Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) – click for workflow
- Management of all existing Schemes in the State
- Administering Ground Rent and computation of Demand Notice
- Management of Government Leases
- Technical Committee on Excision Matters
- Creation and Management of Residential & Industrial Schemes;
- Dispute Resolution on Land Matters;
- Regularisation of Federal Government Grants
- Renewal of Leases
- Processing Deemed Grant Consent (formerly Private C of O) – click for workflow
- Other duties as may be assigned by His Excellency, the Governor.
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REGULARISATION UNIT – More