The Planning Unit of the Lands Bureau was established under the supervision of the Permanent Secretary, Lands Bureau, by the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget (MEPB) to carry out the following responsibilities:
- To manage the Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) process of the Bureau.
- To prepare the Bureau’s Annual Budget as approved for all MDAs as well as its implementation, monitoring & control of expenditure.
- To monitor and evaluate all projects being carried out by the Bureau.
- Rendition of Revenue , Expenditure Returns from the Bureau
- Monitoring of the implementation of the States Development Plan 2012- 2015 and, other planning documents as may be in general use and those peculiar to Land Matters.
- To provide Technical support to Development Partners Programmes as it relates to Lands Bureau being implemented through the MEPB
- Serving as Committee Member for Ministerial Tenders Board (MTB) in the Bureau and in conjunction with the Administration& Human Resources Directorate
- To coordinate and collate information on activities and financial expenditure Performance Management Report (PMR) of Lands Bureau
- To Monitor and Collate all expenditure request of Lands Bureau with correct / appropriate Vote of Charge
- Provision of Yearly Statistical Publication on Lands matters e.g.
Number of C of O issued, Consent, Mortgages e.t.c