PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPERS’ PROGRAMME (PSDP)
The Private Sector Developer’s programme is one of the Public Private Participation (PPP) Schemes initiated by the State Government to solve the Housing problems in the State.
Over the past half-decade, we have witnessed with trepidation as available lands in the State shrunk under the weight of population explosion and attendant infrastructural development as the State moved from a Metropolitan City to a Megacity with a growing population of over 20 million people with a limited land area of approximately 3,577 sq.km. As a Government that is genuinely concerned about the living conditions of its citizenry, it took steps to address the problem of housing needs, being one of the challenges of population growth.
Amongst the steps taken to ensure the provision of Lands to private individuals, organizations and bodies who have the capability and expertise to build affordable houses for occupation by residents of the State. Several qualified private companies had been allocated different parcels of land across the State to develop home schemes for the benefit of all Lagosians.
Requirements for PSDP
- Duly completed application form
- Certificate of Incorporation for Company and form showing particulars of Directors
- Receipt of non-refundable processing fee.
- Tax Clearance Certificate (for Company and 2 Directors).
- Reference letter from a Bank.
- Brief on proposed project.
WORKFLOW FOR PSDP
- Submission of duly completed application form.
- Recommendation for approval by His Excellency, the Governor.
- Issuance of Demand Notice for payment.
- Payment for allocation and issuance of letter of Allocation.
- Execution of Certificate of Occupancy by His Excellency, the
- Stamping, Registration and release of Certificate of Occupancy
to the allottee.