Head of Directorate
Taofiq Olalekan Adenuga
Functions and Activities
Regularisation of title to land is the process of granting title to those who have erroneously purchased uncommitted Government acquisition. The conditions precedents for regularisation are that:
- The subject site must not fall within a Committed Government Acquisition.
- The subject site must not fall within an existing Forest Reserve or Agricultural Land Use.
- The subject site must not fall on road alignment.
- The appropriate Setback must be observed.
- The appropriate distances from Drainage Systems, Canals, Oil and Gas Pipelines, Electricity Substation, High Tension Power Line, Electricity and Telephone poles, Water Pipelines, etc., as laid down by Physical Planning and Town Planning Laws must be observed.
- The subject site must fall within the permitted Regularisation Area
Requirements for Regularisation
- Covering letter by the agent or person filing the application for regularisation stating the accomplished documents. The covering letter must contain current address, telephone number and where possible an e-mail address.
- Duly completed application form obtainable from Lands Bureau.
- N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira) for Residential land
- N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) for Commercial land.
- Form must be dated and signed
- 3 (Three) Passport Photographs (5 x 5) with white background.
- Letter of Authority by the applicant and means of identification (where application is being processed on behalf of applicant)
- Land Information Certificate obtainable from Office of the State Surveyor- General
- Photocopy of Purchase Receipt with evidence of Stamp Duty
- Certificate of Incorporation for Company and form showing particulars of Directors.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate or Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate
- Sketch Map of Site location
- 2 (Two) Sun-prints of Survey plan
- Photograph of the subject site showing date
- Applicant submits duly completed application form
- Issuance of Demand Notice for payment
- Applicant submits all payment receipts
- Applicant collects Certificate of Occupancy.