The Unit was established in October, 2007 and charged with responsibility of processing applications for the regularisation of title to properties granted by the Federal Government and performs the under listed job descriptions:
- Site Inspection on all applications received and preparation of Survey Plan for the Surveyor-General’s signature.
- Production of composite plan for the Legal Unit of the Bureau.
- Emplacement and re-establishment of beacons within all Schemes being managed by the Land Use and Allocation Committee as the need arises.
- Creation of a parcel fabric on all applications i.e. Regularisation, Deemed Grant, etc being processed by the Bureau to be determined overlaps, hence, preventing multiple Title issuance and registration on a single parcel.
- Verification of parcel ownership by using observed geo-spatial information and relating same with the existing base map at the Planning Unit.
- Site Inspection on all applications received by the Directorate of Land Regularization for the determination of accuracy of the location and position of the applicant’s Survey Plan.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGULARISATION OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GRANTS.
- Application Letter addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Lands Bureau or Executive Secretary, Land Use & Allocation Committee.
- Purchase Receipt
- 3 No Passport Photographs 5by5cm colored white background
- Evidence of payment of Income Tax
- Development Levy (in case of company, evidence of payment of Income Tax of 2 (Two) Directors and their Development Levy receipts
- Survey Plan
- All payment receipts of Land Charges
- Certified True Copy of the Root of Title