PUBLIC AFFAIRS/COMPLAINTS UNIT.
The Public Affairs / Complaints Unit serves as the image of Lands Bureau. It develops publicity strategies to project, promote and ensure effective protection of the Bureau’s public image and activities. It fosters good relationship between the Bureau and its internal and external publics in order to create a conducive atmosphere to enhance its operations. It performs the under listed responsibilities:
- Creating awareness and helping the public with land Matters
- Press activities, which include Issuance of press release, press statement and performing all other media relations functions.
- Liaising with media organizations
- Organizing conferences and interviews for the Permanent Secretary
- Issuing out public notices among others
- Handling the Bureau’s Publicity requirements for its initiatives using various media
- Maintaining robust relations with the media and to highlight relevant events and activities
- Handling the Bureau’s protocol requirements
- Ensuring that the Bureau’s website is established and up to date in liaison with ICT department
- Oversee the Development and management of an approved Press & Public Relations Strategy which supports and enables the achievement of the Bureau‘s vision and strategy.
- Manage internal communications – newsletters, bulletin boards etc.
- Develop strategic and sustainable relationship externally that will strengthen and inform the Bureau’s strategic plans.
- Produce and disseminate relevant Information , Education & Communication (IEC) materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Bureau